Ignite have been responsible for the New Smyrna Beach area CVB in the UK & Irish Markets since mid 2016. Ignite has hit the ground running, maximising a modest budget to achieve substantial cut-though in the market.
Highlights of our partnership so far include:
- Three UK trade fam trips have visited the area viewing accommodation options and experiencing the unique surfside culture, attractions and activities. Both trips included key product decision makers and top reservations sales agents.
- Three of the UKs major Florida Tour Operators (Virgin Holidays, Funway Holidays & Thomas Cook) included the area in 2018 brochures following this Fam Trip, and this has remained so through 2019 and into 2020 – with Trailfinders also adding product.
- One group press trip. UK and Ireland journalists from The Daily Mirror, GQ.co.uk and Metro.co.uk visited the area on three-day Fam to research travel features.
- Eight individual UK and Ireland media and influencer trips, including Hello! Magazine, the i paper, Square Meal, Woman’s Weekly, Globalmouse, Away with the Kids, NITN and Pro Traveller
- Over 50 pieces of PR coverage with an AVE of £150,000 generated in UK and Ireland media
- Ignite supported New Smyrna Staff at Florida Trade Event Huddle (January 2017) and at IPW 2017 in Washington DC. (June 2017) and represented New Smyrna Beach at the Visit USA Media Marketplace on 4 July 2017
- 2017 Trade Sales Mission completed in March saw the following accomplishments:
- 8 UK Key Tour Operators visited
- 12 Face to Face Media Interviews including Woman, Selling Travel, Cosmopolitan, Fabulous Magazine, Gay Star News, TTG and The Sun
- Trade & Media Dinner In London attended by over 30 key industry partners and media, including Trailfinders, Virgin Holidays , Thomas Cook , Dnata, Ocean Holidays, Funway Holidays, Elle, National Geographic Traveller, Hello! Magazine, Travel Weekly, The Sunday Mirror and The Daily Express
- Hosted Dinner in Scotland for Barrhead Travel & Travel 2